Well, most of you have to agree with me on this that nowadays, finding the best gaming laptop under 500 dollars is a tedious task. As there are well over hundreds of websites with all the guides for a gaming laptop but none of them will be as per your choice. Now in this post, I have compiled the best gaming laptops under 500 which you may find reliable. I have spent days researching on these gaming laptops.
If we put it in a nutshell, gaming laptops are laptops made with high-performance parts to deliver better performance with mobility. You cannot simply differentiate between a gaming laptop and regular laptop just by looking over it. These machines are capable of matching the performance of a desktop and feature top quality graphics card, high-performance processors, high-class RAM and storage along with backlit keyboard and many other features. Besides gaming, these great machines can be used to other high performance demanding applications.
For starters, the best features you can get in within the $500 budget are the Intel’s latest 7th gen Core i5-7200U, 256 GB SSD, NVidia GeForce 940MX GPU and 8 GB of DDR4 RAM along with FHD display.
What is the Best Gaming Laptop under 500?
Well, these are some of the best gaming laptops under 500 which i have researched. Check this out!
Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 USD
4 GB DDR4
Intel HD Graphics 620
7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U
GTX 940M 2GB
5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U
8 GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 520 4GB
6th generation Intel Core i5-6200U
GTX 940M 2GB
5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U
8 GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 620
Intel Core i5-7200U
AMD Radeon R6 Series
AMD Quad Core A10-8700P 1.8 GHz
Intel HD Graphics 5500
5th-generation Intel Core i3-5010U
Features to look for the best gaming laptop under 500:
1. Graphics Card: It is one of the most vital components of a gaming laptop and is not the section to make any compromise. The modern day games consist of most complex and high-end graphics, so having a good GPU which has dedicated graphics memory helps a lot. Without a good graphics card, a gaming laptop will not provide you the satisfaction of playing games no matter the processing power of CPU and gigabytes of RAM you have. In this budget, you can have NVidia’s GeForce GTX 940MX which is twenty percent stronger than the GTX 940 M, or you can get Radeon R6 Kaveri. Both of these graphics cards are quite brilliant in this tier and can run latest games at decent frame rates.
2. Processor: Everyone knows that it is known as the heart of a computer and without this machine cannot perform a single operation leave the gaming a part. So you have selected a decent graphics card which can deliver as per your requirements now you need a processor which is powerful enough to utilize the GPU to give you maximum performance. If the processor in your system is not up to the mark, then too much pressure from high graphics game may damage it. It becomes apparent to have a good processor and this range you can get 6th/7th gen Intel Core i5 processor or AMD’s A10-8700p. There are some other processors available to which are quite useful in the regard.
3. RAM: As a gaming laptop has to deal with high gaming graphics processes and other complicated programs at the same time is becomes highly important to have a good amount of physical memory. A minimum of 8 GB of ram is required to play high-end games beside gaming this RAM would help in multitasking, and the system will perform smoothly. In this budget, you can get a maximum of 12 GB of RAM.
4. Display: The screen quality significantly enhances the gaming experience, but under the tight budget of $500 your choices are limited. Still, we have found some laptop with FHD 1920 X 1080 resolution on a 15-inch screen. FHD screens are ideal for watching movies and pics. A few of 17-inch options are also available in this range.
5. Storage: When you are looking for gaming laptops then it must have sufficient storage to house all your favorite games and media. Nowadays you can get a 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD) in this budget, which speeds up the bootup time of Windows and reduces the loading time of the game. As these flash drives are expensive, so SSD with a small capacity is installed on laptops.
As far as your storage requirements are considered there a larger number of laptops available with 1 TB hard drive, but most of them are of the 5400RPM which are slow. Try to find a spinning hard disk of the 7200RPM which are comparatively much fast.
6. Other features: There are other features which you might want to have a look on. These are mentioned below.
· Operating system: Choose the laptop which comes preinstalled with Windows. As most of the games and software are designed for windows based operating system, it's preferred to have windows based operating system. Besides if you purchase windows later, it may cost you a bit more.
· Connectivity: Features like USB 3.0, USB-C, HDMI slot or Bluetooth 4.0 offer better connectivity features. Don’t give priority to these options always see them as a secondary choice.
· Battery life: These laptops mostly use a low voltage processor so gives a longer battery life, and you need to replug it after a more longer period. There are a few laptops available in this budget which give decent backup and can last up to 8 hours for light use.
· Keyboard: Always select a laptop with the spacious and sturdy keyboard as you are not going to carry an external keyboard all the time. Look for the keyboards which can withstand your gaming session. If you get a backlit keyboard that’s a bonus.
Day by day the craze of games is increasing because the gaming industry has evolved in the last couple of years rapidly and the newly designed games are much more exciting and have superior graphics. The high-end gaming laptops are very expensive, and not everyone can afford to pay $2000 bucks, so I prepared this list of the best gaming laptop under 500 USD. You may opt for any of the laptops in this list, these gaming laptops will still get the job done for you. So without wasting time anymore let’s get to our list of best gaming laptop under 500.
Acer has been there in laptop market for quite some time now, and with some of the top quality product, it has been dominating the mid ranged laptop market for the last couple of years. Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG is the addition to its mid-range series and is currently the best product out there in this price tab. The build quality is exceptional and gives an appealing look, and because of its hardware, it is the best value for money. This definitely one of the best gaming laptop under 500 which you can find and this is my recommendation for you.
For a gaming laptop performance is everything, and Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG is built for performance. The laptop features 6th generation Intel Core i5-6200U processor which can clock up to 2.2 GHz, NVidia GeForce GTX 940 MX- 2 GB DDR5 VRAM, 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM, and a 256 GB Solid State Drive. When you put all these hardware together, performance gets guaranteed. The NVidia GeForce GTX 940MX is 20% faster than GTX 940M which is offered in this price tab thus providing you richer gaming experience. And just when you thought it’s over the laptop features a 1920 x 1080p resolution FHD Twisted Nematic (TN) display with an antiglare finish. The backlit keyboard adds quite a charm to it.
The 256 GB SSD makes the system super fast and has reduced the bootup time and game loading time very much. The system has utilized only one RAM slot, so there are chances for upgrades too. The battery backup of the device is around 8-10 hours on watching movies and 6-8 hours for other demanding works. The sound of the laptop was pretty loud and clear though it was not like JBL or BEATS was satisfactory. The laptop comes with preinstalled Windows 10 and has all the necessary connection ports including the latest USB-C type port. The best gaming laptop under 500 is surely one of these Acer E15 Series laptops.
The number two spot on the list has been backed by Acer again, as it has continued to keep in trend with the market by delivering a personal computer for every range. This laptop is an example why Acer is becoming such a recognizable name in the mid-range gaming laptop. This laptop is very much similar to the previous one on the list and differs only in few features.
The Acer Aspire E 15 E5-573G features a plastic casing which both stylish and strongly built. The laptop features the second most powerful GPU in our list and packs quite a punch in every regard. Looking at the specs, it houses Intel’s 5th gen Core i5-5200U and is matched by the NVidia GPU GeForce GTX 940M 2 GB of DDR3 VRAM. Together these can run the latest games on quite demanding games such as Witcher three on decent frames. The speed of the laptop is supported by 8GB DDR3L Dual Channel RAM, and the processor can be clocked at 2.7 GHz with turbo boost technology during the most demanding situations
. The Acer Aspire E 15 E5-573G houses a 1 TB 5400RPM SATA hard drive which gives you enough space to keep all your media files and games organized. The display features a Full HD 1080p TN display with an antiglare finish; at this price, you will only 768p displays in regular laptops. The battery backup is around 5 hours with a standard load. The CPU and GPU do not get overheated even on stress load.
The machine comes preinstalled with Windows 10. There is plenty of room for an upgrade as one of the ram slots is unused, and also you can attach an extra SSD if you want. The only negative point about laptop which I can find is that it does not have an optical drive and an SSD. If you want great overall performances for your hard earned money, purchase this laptop. This is one of the best gaming laptop under 500.
When it comes to gaming and your budget does not permit you for a high-end gaming laptop then you consider HP Notebook 15-ay011nr as a viable replacement as it can deliver performance and it pretty much affordable. HP has been one of the major players in the laptop market and knows the requirements of their customers and this laptop is designed to meet the demands of average gamers.
You may be wondering why this laptop without dedicated GPU is at such higher rank in the list. Well, this is because of the impressive hardware combination which this laptop features. It houses a 6th gen Intel Core i5-6200U processor which can clock up to which is clocked at 2.3 GHz and during heavy demand it can clock up to 2.8 GHz. For graphics, we have got ourselves a 4 GB integrated Intel HD graphics 520 which can run demanding games on medium settings quite smoothly with decent frame rates. The 8GB DDR3L RAM which eases multitasking and along and for storage we have a massive 1 TB hard drive, which is sufficient for all your favorite games and movies. It features a 16.6” Full HD TN screen which has a resolution of 1920 X 1080p.
The laptop comes preinstalled with Windows 10. The battery backup of the laptop is good and gives around 7 hours of high-resolution video playback and provides DTS sound which is a good listening experience for music, video, and games. Along with these, you get all the latest features such as HD camera, USB3.0 and optical drive. For years, I have been using HP notebooks and i can say that this laptop is also one of the best gaming laptop under 500.
I am quite amazed at the way ACER has dominated the mid- ranged gaming laptop market. I am not a much of an ACER guy but looking at the various choices offered in your small budget it becomes an obvious choice. This device is much liked by users as it features NVidia 940 MX series GPU whereas other options provide either NVidia 940M or R6 Radeon.
This laptop features high horsepower regarding graphical and processing power. The 6thg gen Intel Core i5-6200U may be a low voltage processor but does not compromise a bit on performance. The NVidia GeForce GTX 940 MX offers 25% more powerful in terms of graphical processing, and together the combination can dish out serious frame rates even for most demanding games. The 8 GB RAM can handle everyday tasks without breaking a sweat and also provides smooth multitasking. Further, the RAM can be upgraded up to 32 GB. The 256 GB SSD won’t allow you to store an enormous amount of data but makes sure that windows boot up and game loading are lightning quick.
For the displays, we have a 15.6” inch Full HD screen which offers 1920 X 1080p resolution thus giving you a better gaming and movie experience. Other features such as backlit keyboard, USB-C type, HDMI and USB 3.0 provides all the necessary connectivity options. Because of the low voltage processor, it provides ultimate battery backup and lasts around 9 hours while watching videos of 1080p resolution. Definitely recommended as this is one of the best gaming laptop under 500 dollars.
Lenovo Ideapad 310 is yet another affordable choice for people who love to play games on their laptop but cannot spend more than 500 bucks. The laptop is the perfect blend of power and style. And under the hood, it packs some serious power which is more than enough to play any of the latest games on decent settings.
The laptop is equipped with an AMD A12-9700P quad-core processor which is clocked at 2.5 GHz and combined with a 6 GB capable AMD Radeon R5 graphics card. Together they can run any game at decent frame rates and along with 12 GB DDR4 SDRAM which enables smooth multi-tasking. Regarding the storage, there is ample storage space available in the form of 1 TB hard drive where you can store huge amount of data. Only one RAM slot is used which gives further chances for an upgrade and also your hard drive can be replaced for SSD much easily.
The laptop is slim designed and has a spacious keyboard with a dedicated Numpad with a large and responsive touchpad. The sound quality is decent and offers quite crisp and clear sound which is good for movies and videos. The laptop comes pre-installed with Windows ten which is a good thing. Besides all this, you get all the multimedia ports along with the optical drive.
After so much of research, the only negative I can come across was that its display is not full HD but can be also one of your choice as the best gaming laptop under 500 dollars.
Asus has been there as a leader in the gaming market for a long period, in fact, it has an entire dedicated range of high-end gaming laptops known as ROG series (Republic Of Gamers). The company is trusted worldwide for making better quality laptops. So to face the challenge in the mid-range budget, it launched ASUS X555DA-WS11 laptop.
This laptop features an AMD A10-8700P processor which can clock up to 3.2 GHz, AMD Radeon R6 GPU, 8 GB DDR3 RAM and a 1 TB 5400RPM hard drive. With this entire configuration, this laptop can run the latest games on medium settings because of the latest technology employed in it which improves the frequency of the CPU. Practically this device has the power to run even the most recent games at decent frame rates. The multitasking becomes smooth because of the high powered CPU and RAM. The enormous amount of storage lets you save all you favorite games and movies all at one place.
The display of the device is 15.6” Full HD screen with a resolution of 1920 X 1080p with the anti-glare matte finish, giving intense gaming and movie experience. The laptop comes preinstalled with Windows 10 and performs quite well. The overall design is quite good with strong and rugged metal finish and a spacious keyboard. Besides it also features multiple USB 3.0 and HDMI sockets. The company also offers one year of international warranty along with ADP.
Overall it would be a better choice for people who are looking for a budget gaming laptop/the best gaming laptop under 500 USD.
Everyone knows that ASUS is the Giant when we are talking about gaming laptops and with its ROG series ASUS took it to another level. Still, it has surprised us by the way it has taken the mid-ranged laptops. If you are on a small budget and still want a laptop with Full HD screen that can run decent games like CS: GO or DOTA 2 then Asus F555LA becomes your first choice. It can learn these games with quite ease at lower graphics settings. The laptop is light weighing at 5.1 pounds and designed with a fingerprint resistant exterior and palm rest along with a matte finish.
Features of the laptop:
- 5th gen Intel Core i3-5010U CPU
- 4 GB of DDR3 RAM
- A Full HD Screen with 1920 X 1080p resolution
- Windows 10
- Intel HD Graphics 5500
- 500 SATA hard drive
With specs like those and Intel’s integrated graphics, you won’t find any difficulty while playing mediocre games with moderate graphics settings. Also, multitasking won’t be a problem thanks to CPU clocked 2.1 GHz. If you think that combination of Full HD screen with 2-cell battery won’t give much back up then think again as this laptop can last up to 5 hours. Moreover, the laptop comes preinstalled with Windows 10, and for connectivity, it has all the necessary ports like USB 3.0 and HDMI. Overall the performance of the laptop is worth the price and one of the best gaming laptop under 500 dollars which you can find.
Since our budget is quite low for a gaming laptop, these are the still the best gaming laptops under 500 which I have found to be reliable. Of course I would still recommend the top 3 gaming laptops on this list but at the end of the day, you still have your own preference. But I assure you that any of these laptops within this budget range is still good. If you ask me, the best gaming laptop under 500 dollars that i will buy is the Acer Aspire E 15.
By the way feel free to drop your opinions and reviews too below. See you again next time.